On Thursday 29 December 2005 20:51, Abdel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Judging from the absence of answer, I suppose this matter is not
> interesting to you :-(
> It's OK, I understand that you are all very busy with the release of
> 1.4.0. I have worked some more on the port so if there is any interest
> in the future, just let me know. FYI, the changes from Qt3 to Qt4 are
> quite big and I think it's worth keeping both version in parallel. I
> will try to keep my port in sync with the qt2 frontend.

I suggest a little different approach: Don't create a copy of the qt2
frontend, but modify the qt2 frontend in place. You'll need a second tree if
you want a clean qt3 compile, but the advantage is that you can simply do a
cvs diff in the qt2 dir to get the differences to the current sources.
Then I'd suggest that you create a bug "Implement qt4 frontend", and attach
the diff to it.
Then others can take your work up. I am sure that it will be appreciated when
the time comes (probably for 1.5 or even later)

Georg