Angus Leeming wrote:

Right. But almost the same time as the static build for both me and for
Abdel. IMO, you just got lucky with your machine ;-)
Hmm.... I will check the link times this week. If you are right, I will NEVER mention the term STATIC again :-)

As for, "what do you mean by forward declarations", here's an example:

Note how the bar.h header file forward declares "class Foo;" rather than
including foo.h (which it could have done instead). Qt3 tends to forward
declare a lot less stuff than Qt4. However, that tends to increase compile
times, not link times. The Qt4 link improvements probably lie elsewhere.
I see. But you are right, forward declarations should have no impact on link times. Strange...

Michael