There is a strange performance problem when displaying a lyx that is
running on another machine. (ADSL connection)

Most editing operations are fine (writing text, deleting, scrolling)
there is no bandwith problem.  But press enter so that a
new paragraph is created.  This operation takes 6 seconds in my case!

The network gets busy for the 6 seconds, I have no idea what happens.

It is not a case of too much work scrolling half of the display, for simply
writing so much text that the existing paragraph breaks into
several lines is not a problem at all. Also, grabbing the
scrollbar and rolling through the document is fine.

It is just these operations that take everlasting 6 seconds:
* Press enter to split a paragraph (or create a blank one)
* Press backspace so as to delete a paragraph
  boundary, merging two paragraphs
* Let the cursor leave an empty paragraph so lyx auto-destroys it.
* Cutting/pasting an entire paragraph. Cutting/pasting the same amount
  if text inside a single bigger paragraph is not a proble,

Clearly, something strange and unnecessary happens over the network
when the number of paragraphs change. And it don't look like something
that can be blamed on qt either.

The document is 15 pages, and "view dvi" is actually faster than "enter"
when working over the net.

Want a bugzilla report, or is this a known issue?

Helge Hafting