Angus Leeming wrote:

We needed (something like) this because CVS imports text files from the
repository and gives them Windows line endings (\r\n) by default.

Lars, Angus, Subversion allows to assign properties to files and directories. There are at least three properties types which are relevant for us:

- svn:ignore (similar to ".cvsignore")
- svn:eol-style (controls eol style when checking out a file)
- svn:keywords (controls the handling of keywords like "$Id" in the source code)

For a detailed description, please see the subversion documentation:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.html#svn.advanced.props.special

| *** The file INSTALL.OS2 is missing
Hmm... strange. So it should be re-added then.
I thought we killed this file in the 1.4.x repository?
I think so, too.

Michael