Compiled and ran OK for me (Ubuntu 5.10). One piece of feedback which might be of use: 1.4 seems quite sluggish compared to 1.3.7. If I wheel my mouse through the text there is a sensation of considerable delay at times with 1.4 which is absent in 1.3.7. This is noticeable with the slider as well. I checked the memory use of 1.4 and it seems quite a bit higher both for regular memory and for X memory. If this is a compilation optimization issue let me know and I can recompile with appropriate flags (I just used ./configure --with-frontend=qt).

Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
At ftp.devel.lyx.org. Please test build and install this. If
everything now seems ok I will announce it to a broader audience.