On Feb 12, 2006, at 8:49 PM, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

At ftp.devel.lyx.org. Please test build and install this. If
everything now seems ok I will announce it to a broader audience.

It builds just fine. However, there's a problem that arises when I configure with --use-version-suffix=-1.4, and I'm not sure what's going on.

Normally (until very recently -- I'm not sure what changes Jean-Marc has made yet), on Mac lyx looks for the default preferences file at LyX.app/Contents/Resources/LyX/preferences. Although that file is there, it's clear that lyx isn't using it, since it's not picking up the PATH Prefix settings in that file (among other things). So I try renaming LyX.app/Contents/Resources/LyX to .../LyX-1.4, and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Bennett