On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Enrico Forestieri wrote:

>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Would you like me to place the howto on a wiki page? If so, would say that
> > the intended audience is more for user's than developers?  Assuming that,
> > perhaps placing it on this page would be useful:
> >
> >     LyX.LyXOnCygwinHowTo
> >
> > I can't do it right now since wiki.lyx.org seems to be down at the moment.
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> I think that that would be useful to the 2 or 3 people willing to use
> a LyX/Cygwin ;-)

Ooh.. such a large userbase :-)

> However, that howto really is a collection of my notes. Let me polish it
> a bit, add to it a list of cygwin packages needed for compiling, and
> also shrink it a bit by preparing a separate patch to be applied to the
> sources.
>
> When I'll have done that I'll send to the list the result.
>
> Thank you very much for your offer.

You're welcome, as this was quite quick work for me I put your stuff in
a temporary location here:

        http://wiki.lyx.org/Playground/LyXOnCygwin

You can just edit and play with this page... when you're happy we can
come up with a better location for it. This way you can directly edit the
wiki page yourself. If you wonder anything about how to achieve a special
appearacne or thing, just ask.  I did make a minor modification to your
text in that I removed the initial '$' on your lines with commands... I
thought it's easier to do copy&paste without them.

regards
/Christian