Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

Developer, if you have _anyting_ that you feel _must_ be included in
1.4.0, the time is to state so now, loud and clear.
Due to the fact that everybody has a different opinion on what must be included in 1.4.0, I would like to propose a different approach:

1. Let's go through the list of available patches
2. Ask people to test these patches (some of them have been tested already)
2. Let's decide which patches have been tested throughly and are trustworthy
3. Commit those patches without further discussion!
4. Let's see what we have achieved:
     4.1 Everybody happy? => release candiate 1.4.0
     4.2. Still some doubts? => goto 1

The important point is that we should NOT discuss on the IMPORTANCE of a patch. We are wasting energy this way. Let's discuss the patches themselves.

Is this a suitable way to cut the Gordian knot? I guess the discussion would be a lot less emotional.

Michael