Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> OK thanks Enrico, I'll take a look. I was under the impression that your
> method would need a cygwin installation a user but if you tell me that
> this is not mandatory. Maybe we could switch to your version altogether
> instead of the MSYS based solution. What do you think Angus?

I'm retired :)

More seriously, how hard would it be to merge the two scripts into one? The
thing is written as a series of subroutines anyway so it would just need a check
on the build environment so that it could call the correct ones.

I haven't looked at Enrico's version but I imagine that changes could be
localised to

     case $host in {
     mingw:
         OPTION1=...
         OPTION2=...
         LDFLAGS=
         ;;
     cygwin:
         OPTION1=...
         OPTION2=...
         LDFLAGS=...
         ;;
     }
     CONFIGURE="../configure ${OPTION1} ${OPTION2} ${LDFLAGS}"

Angus