Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> And do you still see the Painting error messages on the console?

No, but this was already the case without the patch.

Do you also see unknown math commands in blue instead of red?

> No I've read only Qt Assistant local documentation and it's definitely
> poorer.

On linux a complete Qt install includes also the online docs. I would think
that this was also the case on Windows.

> Thanks for the hint. I am not an X11 expert as you can see :-(

Me neither, but I learnt about it a bit when I did some thin client stuff
some years ago. It is not that difficult once you realize the strange
meaning of "server" and "client" and that the X API gives you transparent
access to the server over the network, and that therefore some function
calls can be costly.

> OK, this was just a trial... I am going to revert the cursor changes as
> Angus explained in another mail because this make sense to me.
>
> But on the subject of QPixmap vs QImage in QWorkArea, I would like to
> continue investigating this route a bit. Right now, correct me if I'm
> wrong, the lyx kernel ask for a repaint of the whole screen for each and
> every drawing operation as shown by the debug message in
> QScreen::expose(). So the whole image is sent through the network. I
> remember reading that this will eventually change in some future
> version, won't it? If yes, this would decrease the network traffic
> significantly.

I remember having read that, too.

Georg