Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> lib/configure.py cannot be run if you compile with a fresh builddir !=
> srcdir. The reason is that the main configure script creates builddir/lib
> only after trying to run lib/configure.py.
> The attached patch fixes that. Does anybody know a better solution? If not
> I am going to put this in.

Just a second... What does
    foo || bar && baz
mean? Does it mean:
1)
    * Run "foo".
    * If "foo" fails, run "bar".
    * If "foo" succeeds, run "baz".
Or does it mean:
2)
    * Run "foo".
    * If "foo" fails, run "bar".
    * If "bar" succeeds, run "baz".

My understanding is that 1) is how the shell will interpret things.
My understanding of your patch is that you think 2) is the way things work...

Change:
    test -d lib || mkdir lib && cd lib && pthon ...
to:
    test -d lib || mkdir lib; cd lib && pthon ...

Angus