Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Concerning LyX/Mac, we have several reports that make me believe that
> the whole document gets rebroken/displayed at times. This is very weird.

Jean-Marc, LyX 1.4 has serious speed problems not only on the Mac.
I tried to use 1.4.0pre4 for working on a big document (~60 pages) with
lots of figures and equations, and went back to 1.3.7 in desperation.
I see that you consider the userguide as a good speed test. Well, I can
tell you that LyX 1.4 is blazingly fast editing the userguide with respect
to my document...

Things seems better with the official release. We are still far from the
usability of 1.3.7, but I think that eventually you will get there ;-)

--
Enrico