Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I seem to remember you stating that this dynamic conversion worked for you
> using
> a Cygwin-built LyX. I was trying to find out a little bit more about your
> setup.
> Do you use the libiconv and gettext compiled by Cygwin, did you compile your
> own? Etc, etc...

I think you are referring to this post:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/53929

There I was trying to say that I get exactly your results as shown in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/53873
when I use Polish, but I am able to get cyrillic menus instead of garbage
when setting a Russian locale.

I obtain similar results with a cygwin LyX (using the cygwin provided
libiconv) and a native LyX (using my own compiled libiconv).

I think that the circular process in building libiconv/gettext has an
impact only on their own localization. Indeed, I solved the thing simply
compiling with --disable-nls and thus always using english messages.

So, the results I obtain with Polish are essentially as correct (wrong?)
as yours, but I seem to obtain correct results with Russian.

I am sorry I can't be of much help here...

--
Enrico