"Bo Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Dear list,
|
| The new patch combines lastfiles and filepositions, and add lastopened
| (and will add bookmarks) to a single session management interface.
| Please let me know if you like it.

Actually despite my earlier comments, I so far do like the look of
this patch (I haven't looked at the code yet though.)

| What it does:
| 1. remove lastfile and its rc entries

fine with me (so far, just wait till later :-) )

| 2. add use_lastfilepos and load_session rc entries

"load_last_session"?

| 3.  remove .lyx/lastfile and add .lyx/session, with format like

| ## Automatically generated lyx session file
| ## Editing this file manually may cause lyx to crash.
| [lastfiles]
| /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/UserGuide.lyx
| /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/Tutorial.lyx
| /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/Intro.lyx
| /home/user/.lyx/doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx
|
| [lastfilepos]
| 11, /home/user/.lyx/doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx
| 3, /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/Customization.lyx
| 11, /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/UserGuide.lyx

"fileplaces", "filepositions"?

| [lastopened]
| /home/user/.lyx/doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx
| /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/Intro.lyx
| /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/Tutorial.lyx
| /home/user/tmp/glib/doc/UserGuide.lyx

"lastsession"?

This file might grow semilarge, and will only contain information that
is needed upon start up, and shutdown (mostly)

I think it should be written (yup, here it comes) so that we don't
have to store everything in memory while lyx is running. Perhaps by
having a "session" dir with serveral files in it?

--
        Lgb