Georg> Here comes an updated one. It renames the GUI names of the
Georg> latex and pdflatex formats as Helge suggested. It also adds the
Georg> needed changes to OutputParams::exportdata that I forgot in the
Georg> last patch. I implemented the suggestion of Jean-Marc to use a
Georg> full OutputParams variable in LaTeXFeatures instead of several
Georg> flags.

-       ///
-       bool nice() const { return nice_; };
+       /** If we are writing a nice LaTeX file or not.
+        *  Only needed by InsetInclude::validate().
+        */
+       bool nice() const { return runparams_.nice; }
+       /** The latex that we export depends occasionally on what is to
+        *  compile the file.
+        */
+       OutputParams::FLAVOR flavor() const { return runparams_.flavor; }

Why not just add the method
+       OutputParams const & runparams() const { return runparams_; }
?

Georg> I agree. The problem is that formats don't have flags yet, only
Georg> converters. Splitting the "latex" flag of the converters into
Georg> "latex" and "pdflatex" would not be a good idea, because a) we
Georg> reaally want a format flag and b) we would need to touch a lot
Georg> of code.

OK.

Georg> I do plan format flags (such as "noexport" and "noview") for
Georg> later. Since this requires changes to lyxrc reading I would
Georg> like to do without them for now and put the attached patch into
Georg> trunk. OK?

Yes.