On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:33:08PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Enrico Forestieri wrote:
>
> > I think that it is better to proceed step by step. Is it okay with you
> > if I start from scratch and do the minimum necessary to fix real bugs?
>
> You don't need to start from scratch, since you solved a lot of probelsm
> already. I like the step by step approach, and would really appreciate if
> you could start with the latex_path fixes and fix the current cygwin_fix
> setting. Then you could look at input_path(), and then at the problems
> below:
>
> > Currently these are:
> >
> > 1) Bug 2344.
> > 2) If in a graphics inset an absolute path is inserted by the file dialog,
> >    it will be exported in the .tex file in posix format, such that miktex
> >    fails to find the file. This has not been reported by anyone, I
> >    discovered it browsing the sources.
>
> If you think that the order should be different: that would also be fine
> with me.

Ok, let's take a more pragmatic approach. I am going to post a patch #1
which simply solves the two problems above. I would like them fixed in
1.4.1 such that the binary I'll made available will not be different from
that which can be built from the official sources. Notice that I have
already incorporated the fix to bug 2344 in 1.4.0, which otherwise would
be unusable.

Then I am going to separate the checkbox from the cygwin_fix setting.
This is going to be patch #2.

Then we will see. Is this acceptable for you?

--
Enrico