On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 06:16:34PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
> > On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 01:11:50PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> >> - Implicit format change of .lyx files. I know that there are currently
> >> problems in this area due to the mixup, but for the future I would like
> >> to have only one representation of file names in .lyx files for a given
> >> platform.
> >
> > Indeed. When a .lyx file contains an absolute path, it has
> > different styles depending on whether LyX is a win32 or posix
> > app. This was one of the reasons I wanted to be able to switch the
> > internal representation. I am always able to read a .lyx file
> > produced by a win32 LyX using a cygwin LyX, but it may be not
> > true the other way, as win32 doesn't understand posix.
> >
> > Perhaps it would be better to force a pseudo-win style when
> > outputting file names to .lyx files in order to guarantee
> > interoperability at least on windows. But if the internal format
> > is fixed, we have added complexity. However, now I am almost
> > convinced that this is unavoidable.
>
> I am not sure about what you both are talking about but the .lyx file
> should contains path with forward slashes only independently from the
> system. This is _very_ important for interoperability between windows
> user and unix/posix users exchanging lyx files (paths must be relative
> then). For the same reason, LyX produced latex files _must_ _always_ use
> path with forward slashes.

It always contains paths with forward slashes, but according to
the logic currently used, an absolute path may appear in the .lyx
file. In the win32 version this is in a C:/xxx path style,
whereas in a posix version it is like /c/xxx. Now, a cygwin
version has no problem with either of them, but a win32 version
doesn't understand the /c/xxx style.

--
Enrico