Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
"Angus" == Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Angus> Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Anyway, do what you want with the patch. I will maintain my own
version locally.

Angus> Hey, Abdel! Don't get stroppy; JMarc is one of the good guys!
Angus> And besides, you Frenchies should stick together ;-)

This is the problem with e-mail. Abdel, I am not trying to piss you
off.

I know, don't worry, I understand you spent a lot of time to get it right and you want to make sure it is OK.

I am not either in love with the code in buffer_funcs.C. I am
just arguing over the method (and the problem, in the case of speed).

OK, I will try to make an effort and split up the patch as suggested by Martin. I don't have the time to do anything in the next two days, maybe later, if you want to do this Martin, please go ahead.

I am sorry if you feel that I am brickwalling (?) your efforts.

It's OK, don't worry. But I really think that the barrier to entry is very high to lyx core code. And splitting up patches takes time. What don't you try to apply the patch and read that instead of the diff. I am almost sure you'll agree with my changes. IMHO, it takes more time to do email writing to explain the patch than to actually _read_ the resulting code.

Abdel.

JMarc

PS: Hmm, ``stroppy''. One more word in the weekly english lesson.
Thanks Angus. Webster says it is a contraction of obstreperous. This
one looks even better in a casual conversation !

Google translate that in "contraignant".