Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
That's -Wl,--export-all-symbols and simply passes --export-all-symbols
to the linker. It does no good and simply will increase your linking
time. I suggest that you get rid of it.
[..]
I was not talking about the warnings, sorry for the confusion.
What I said only applies to the final link step. I observed that
with -Wl,--export-all-symbols, the linking time noticeably increases.
Removing that option shortens the linking time for me without any
side effect.

This is a sed command you can use to modify configure in order to
avoid "-Wl,--export-all-symbols" in LDFLAGS:

sed ' # Omit -Wl,--export-all-symbols in LDFLAGS
/LDFLAGS=\"\$LDFLAGS
\$WIN32_LD_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS\"/s/LDFLAGS/true\t\#LDFLAGS/' \
        ./configure > ./configure-new

Wouldn't it be better to integrate that fix in the m4 macros? If in there that is...

Abdel.