Bo Peng wrote:

No it tells the user "please browse you hard disk to find a suitable
application". And it forgets to add "good luck". I do not see how
someone is going to think about installing gsview.

Windows users may be incompetent, but not stupid. "No viewer found" is
a *common* behavior whenever someone double clicks a file without a
proper viewer. Any windows user knows that s/he needs a proper viewer
to continue.

In particular, your nothing there, install a program, re-configure, a
menu item appear is quite *alien* to windows users.
Is it?  This is the behaviour of an "upgrade".  Upgrade
your software, and new menu entries appear.
Install excel  - and word is suddenly able to include spreadsheets!
Well, don't know if they include a "new menu item" for that,
but adding cooperative software certainly add features in
other word processors too.
So install ghostview, and lyx is suddenly able to
view/export psotscript sounds reasonable to me.

Helge Hafting