Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> Bo Peng a écrit :
Dear all, The document -> settings dialog is pretty well organized,
and I could not find a good place for this option. Any idea?

Abdelrazak> I would put it in the File dialog instead. The idea is
Abdelrazak> that this feature is transparent for the user, right? In
Abdelrazak> this case, lyx will only save in compressed format if the
Abdelrazak> file is already as such. A toggle button (or a check box)
Abdelrazak> in the file dialog would indicate the compression state
Abdelrazak> (ON/OFF); if you want to reverse the logic compress state,
Abdelrazak> just toggle the button.

I do not think we have this kind of control on the file dialog. Does
qt offer that?

We can put whatever control we want in our file dialog.

Do the naitve windows or osx dialogs offer that?

On windows, I think there's a public API for that kind of stuff yes. But I really prefer the simpler, faster, leaner lyx file dialog. I really don't understand why people insist on using the native ones for opening lyx files. But I agree that the native dialog is useful when you want to include a graphic because you can preview it; but then you loose the nifty shortcuts of the lyx one. If you ask me, I would force the lyx "save as" and "open lyx file" dialogs to be the lyx one.

Abdel.