On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:56:07PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Enrico Forestieri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Shouldn't that just include "../qt_helpers.h"?

The original QDelimiterDialogBase.ui had

<include location="global">config.h</include>
<include location="local">qt_helpers.h</include>

whereas after the Qt3 designer I find

<includes>
    <include location="global" impldecl="in declaration">config.h</include>
    <include location="local" impldecl="in declaration">qt_helpers.h</include>
</includes>

However, in src/frontends/qt3/ui/QDelimiterDialogBase.h there is no trace
of those includes when it is produced from the Qt2 .ui, but I see

#include <config.h>
#include "qt_helpers.h"

when it comes from the Qt3 .ui. Seems that the Qt2 .ui doesn't produce
the expected result.

> | > You should have patched the Makefile.am's, they would have been in the
> diff
> | > (but I wonder why the include path needs to be altered at all).
> |
> | Do you mean that Makefile.in is deliberately ignored and that only
> | Makefile.am needs modifications? (Yes, I am an ignorant but well
> | supported by a bit of logic ;-) )
>
> Makefile.in in created by automake
> Makefile is created by configure
>
> neither of those are in svn.

Now I am beginning to understand the magic. So, after

AC_SUBST(FOO, [bar])

I only need to write

myvar = $(FOO)

in Makefile.am and I will find

FOO = @FOO@
myvar = $(FOO)

in Makefile.in. Cool. There should be a better way than "info autoconf"
to try to learn all these exciting features.

--
Enrico