Abdel> So what about listing some of the 1.5svn new
Abdel> feature/optimization and see if there's enough to justify a
Abdel> release, of the top of my head, they are:

Abdel> - Martin's outline work
Abdel> - Edwin's paragraph moving work

This could go in 1.4.x because we do almost have clear patches.

Abdel> - Bo's session management

I am not sure about this one, since it seems that all problems have
not been solved yet, and making a complete patch for 1.4 will probably
be too difficult.

Abdel> - Bo and Georg: configure.py replacement and pythonification
Abdel> (open the way to run-time configuration?)

This is in 1.4.2svn.

Abdel> - Juergen's optimisation work on Natbib (is it in yet?)

This will go in 1.4.x once it is well tested, because it is a really
bad bug.

Abdel> - Enrico and Georg: improved Cygwin Support

Which part of that is or is not in 1.4.x?

Abdel> - Abdel's paragraph insertion/deletion optimization
Abdel> (updateLabels)

A simplified version could go in 1.4, I did not have time to look yet.

Abdel> - Abdel's Toc and Navigate optimization (TocBackend)

Not for 1.4.

Abdel> The followings are not strictly feature/optimisation but are
Abdel> important nonetheless:

Abdel> - Lot of cygwin cleanup from Enrico and Georg

Again?

Abdel> - Lot of bug fixing all over the place by everybody

I believe most will be in 1.4.2.

Abdel> - Lot of general source code cleanup from Lars, Georg, Andre

This is not 1.4 business.

Abdel> - Cleaned up Windows and Windows/Cygwin building process (less
Abdel> error and faster)

How much of that is not in 1.4?

Abdel> About stability, I am using 1.5svn exclusively and I had no
Abdel> crashes that wasn't due to my personal development. I reckon
Abdel> it's the same situation for others.

Yes, this is because we have not started to work seriously on 1.5 yet
:)

IMO, the one thing that could make the release of 1.5 without unicode
worth it would be the inclusion of the qt4 and gtk frontends if they
are 100% ready.