Georg Baum a écrit :
Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

Then trunk will be unusable.
So currently that is not an options.

Why not? Both qt4 and gtk will progress slowly as stated by Abdel and John,
so IMHO it does not make sense to wait for these.

I am not sure Lars is waiting for qt4 or gtk to complete in order to do the unicode transition. He is working with qt3 AFAIK. As a side note, IMHO, if unicode is going to impact the frontends code a lot, we should really switch to qt4 and let the qt3 stay unchanged. This way qt3 will stay usable and qt4 will be finished sooner.

Lots of other small stuff
that happens now falls IMHO in two categories:

1) important bugfixes
2) small improvements/new features

I see no reason why 1) could not be done directly in the 1.4 branch, and 2)
could either wait or also be done in 1.4 if it is really simple.

I personally have not yet checked out the unicode branch, but would probably
be of more help if it was in trunk.

Same feeling here.

Abdel.