Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Joost" == Joost Verburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Joost> The idea is to have no lyxrc.defaults, textclass.lst and
Joost> packages.lst in the LyX directory but only in the users
Joost> directory?

Yes.

Joost> It doesn't seem to work on Windows. When I start LyX for the
Joost> first time, I would expect it to run configure.py to create
Joost> those files in the users directory. However, it gives an error
Joost> "unable to find textclass file" instead.

The code checks the date of lyxrc.defaults and configure.py to
determine whether it should run. I'll check the logic.

JMarc

The situation is:

* No users directory exists
* No lyxrc.defaults, textclass.lst and packages.lst exist in the LyX directory

LyX should create the configure files in the users directory, but instead gives the textclass.lst error (there is no problem with lyxrc.defaults).

When I put some old textclass.lst in the LyX directory, it does create the files in the users directory. However, I get an assertion in GraphicsCacheItem.C:339 (failed check !formats.empty()). It looks like LyX does not use the newly generated settings.

When I finally run LyX a second time, everything works.

Joost