Uwe Stöhr wrote:

Your DVI is from LyX's temp directory so that the eps images aren't included. Could you send one eps-file and a LyX file to reproduce this?

The mailing list bounced my first attempt at replying (I attached a zip archive that it apparently found threatening).

I appear to have screwed up, for the first time (in the last few hours, anyway). Apparently the striations in the images were present prior to the most recent MiKTeX upgrade, because I also get them on my office machine, which has not yet been upgraded. I generally output to PDF rather than DVI, which is why I had not noticed before (PDF output is fine).

This will require further investigation before I can tell if it's a LyX issue, a MiKTeX issue, or what.

/Paul