>> Please repost the patch as there are multiple versions from Enrico
>> and you and I don't know which one to apply.

Bo> Attached.

Thanks for the file. I have just one question (you have probably
explained it already, but my skull is thick, so bear with me :)

Why do you need configure.py to set "auto" entries? Isn't it enough to
rely on canOpenFile in LyX itself?

The question is probably to define the semantics of the special
viewer values. It looks like

- "none": no viewer for this one, and LyX won't override this

- "auto": no viewer either, but LyX can try canAutoOpen

- "": ??

Also, a small stylistic remark: instead of
+       if (mode == VIEW)
+               return reinterpret_cast<int>(ShellExecute(NULL, "open",
+                       win_path, NULL, NULL, 1)) > 32;
+       else
+               return reinterpret_cast<int>(ShellExecute(NULL, "edit",
+                       win_path, NULL, NULL, 1)) > 32;
I'd prefer
+       char const * action = (mode == VIEW) ? "open" : "edit";
+       return reinterpret_cast<int>(ShellExecute(NULL, action,
+                       win_path, NULL, NULL, 1)) > 32;

Why is the reinterpret_cast<int> needed, BTW?