A "" viewer could either mean "don't view this format" or "use the auto
viewer". If we make it the latter (as in Jean-Marcs patch) we can use the
noview flag that I want to introduce (and that we need anyway to get rid of
some hardcoding) to mark those formats that should not be viewable at all.
IMHO this is a cleaner solution than the "auto" entry.

I do not know what you have in mind for this 'noview' flag, but you
should at least list the benefits of your approach. My question is:
why should we decide 'noview' for users? With my original approach, we
set '', for example, for ooffice formats. Then, if a user installs
openoffice, he can set the viewer to 'auto' and view the related
formats. Adding a 'allow view' check box for 'noview' formats can
mimic this behavior, but seems unnecessary.

Bo