On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:07:54AM +0200, Edwin Leuven wrote:
> Angus Leeming wrote:
> >LOL! I think You are. You've confused this with "const &"
>
> and to add to the confusion (at least mine):
>
> why don't i see any invalid behavior or crashes with my original (wrong)
> patch?

Because 'undefined behaviour' could mean anything including 'doing ewhat
the user hoped for'. The reason you are likely to see the wanted result
is that even if the object is destroyed, the place in memory it formerly
occupied often still contains the same bit pattern. So when accessing
it, you get the 'correct' values. However, there is no guarantee that
the memory has not been re-used for another object in the meantime.

Andre'