I have an idea for you Bo. Instead of specifying
"extra_inc_path=d:/mingw/include extra_lib_path=d:/mingw/lib" it would
be better to specify "with_mingw=d:/mingw". Then Scons could add
automatically the include and lib paths. _And_ Scons could search the
required dll in "d:/mingw/bin/".

Agreed. Can I leave this to you as a Python exercise? It is time for
you to read the Python tutorial (You do not even need that for this
change.)

BTW, have you tried the updated system? If possible, you can record
the compiling time and post to the comparison thread.

Bo