Georg Baum a écrit :
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

This one is correct and is the one I specified. It seems that for the
second test it is overridden by the variable QTDIR. It is very common to
have these variable left, couldn't we just ignore them?

No.

I mean "couldn't we just ignore them on _Windows_ cmd console", especially so if qt_dir is specified at the command line. I am of course not advocating ignoring them on posix compliant system (including cygwin).

We got complaints from some BSD people some time ago when it was not
properly honored. Setting QTDIR is documented by trolltech, so people
expect it to work.

For Qt4, this has changed, Qt4 does not need/use $QTDIR anymore.

I am not sure what should happen if you both have QTDIR
set and specify something else on the command line. Since this is almost
always not wanted a warning might be good.

Indeed.

Abdel.

Georg