On Sunday 21 May 2006 21:53, Bo Peng wrote:

> I would like to see other's opinion regarding a separate dest_dir option.

  That is the standard procedure for rpm (and also deb) building. prefix is
the place where the package will be installed and run, destdir is the place
where the package is installed the first time. So prefix and destdir fill
different roles.

  This allows to install to a temporary directory and from there copy the tree
hierarchy to install in other machines. It is easier then to see what are the
files packaged.

  FWIW distutils supports distdir, and I would be surprised not to see this
support in scons. It is a standard feature.

--
José Abílio