Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> After playing around a bit, I get the following errors, which I don't
> know enough to make sense of.
>
>       FSRef fileref = FSPathMakeRef((UInt8 *) filename.c_str(),
>                                     filename.length(), NULL);

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/
File_Manager/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/c/func/FSPathMakeRef

tells me that the signature of this function is

OSStatus FSPathMakeRef (
   const UInt8 * path,
   FSRef * ref,
   Boolean * isDirectory
);

I think that the line should be rewritten as something like:

        FSRef fileref;
        OSStatus status = FSPathMakeRef((UInt8 *) filename.c_str(),
                                        &fileref, NULL);
        if (status != 0)
                return false;

Angus