Angus Leeming wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
The only reference to that error I found is there:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.online_help/browse_thread/thread/4a7f8bb7b6e7a899/c0a61ecc733c7090?lnk=raot

Well, given that this reply was posted about 1 hour ago, I'd suggest that you be
persistent and ask further.

I think the problem is the '-' in '-manifest'. Cmd transform that in '‼'. If I put the command in a bat file, it is transformed in 'û' and then in '{':

D:\devel\lyx\trunk\development\scons\msvc\qt4>linkmanifest.bat

D:\devel\lyx\trunk\development\scons\msvc\qt4>mt.exe ûmanifest lyx.exe.manifest
-outputresource:lyx.exe;1
Microsoft (R) Manifest Tool version 5.2.3790.2014
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation 2005.
All rights reserved.

mt.exe : command line error c1010007: Unexpected/Unknown option "{manifest". Us
e the /? option for help on usage and samples.

This is very stupid from Microsoft to choose program options that could be misinterpreted by its own console.

Abdel.

Angus