On Wednesday 21 June 2006 17:59, Bo Peng wrote:
> There
> are also some discrimination against windows system so
> windows-specific changes are harder to be accepted (e.g. space in
> path, scons, .C=>,cpp conversion, msvc/pch). Scons still managed to
> get in though. :-)

  Please don't confuse our discrimination against hacks with our
discrimination against windows [1].

  If you read the mailing list during the time we have always resisted short
term solutions because they hurt us in the past badly.

  One of our major concerns was always the portability of the code, that is
why it was not so difficult to port it to windows after all.

  I am trying to put things in perspective, portability and running lyx in
lots of platforms is good, gross hacks are not, no matter what the system.
Because I can also point you code rejected that would only work in linux.

> Bo

[1] Now that I think of it is there a difference at all? ;-)
--
José Abílio