The wiki file manager can't handle files bigger than 0.5 MB or 1 MB (don't remember which it is). Developers with access to aussie.lyx.org can however manually upload files using scp or sftp using the method described here:

        http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/AboutUploading#sizes

The only problem is that permissions should be correct (described in the link) and in order to fix this you need to take some extra steps (also described in the link).

Basically you use the file manager to create directories and create a dummy file. Then you simply overwrite the dummy file with the correct file and it works since it'll keep the correct permissions.

cheers
/Christian

PS. If the instructions are unclear, please let me know so that I can fix it.