On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:38:04AM -0700, Mike Ressler wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, John Levon wrote:
> > Mike, I haven't had an "OK" from you on this patch. Is it ok for 1.2.0 ?
>
> Arg, I didn't help myself by updating Customization - I have many rejected
> chunks when trying to apply your patch, mostly due to the new inset code.
> Is your patch 1.2.0 specific, or does it apply to 1.1.6 as well? If "1.1.6

1.1.6 as well. I'd better do it fast for fix3 I guess. So I can commit the change
to head for it to get in 116 right ? I'll commit if so

> As a side note, I've noticed that diffs are a terrible way of trying to
> see what is different in a LyX doc. The diff itself is impossible to read

you're not wrong

> (and this will be especially true as we convert 1.1.6 to 1.2.0 with all
> the inset changes), and applying the doc and opening it in LyX doesn't
> provide any way to easily see the changes (anyone want to code a diff mode
> into LyX :-) Perhaps we should do something "silly" like put all edits in
> blue or underlined or something until the change is mutually agreed on or
> some such. Any recommendations for dealing with this?

it is ironic the lyxdoc team have requested this feature along with many others :)

I think the thing is to support changelog latex package (does this support
changebars ?) then we can support collaborative stuff much better. I used to
use a unix package (I forget the name -- inter<something>) which supported
this pretty well

regards
john

--
"Voodoo Programming:  Things programmers do that they know shouldn't work but
 they try anyway, and which sometimes actually work, such as recompiling