> Superb! Taking the UG off my shoulders, even if temporarily, is a huge
> help. There are things in Extended and Customization that I would rather
> worry about, so I really appreciate your jumping in.

Yeah, and this probably fits my user-level better...  I don't know as much as
you or others when it comes to the Extended and Customization level of work.

> I meant feature freeze ... oops. Unfortunately, the dialog changes are the
> things which directly impact the documentation. The GUII and kernel stuff

Yeah, that's going to be the "fun" thing - updating all the dialog changes...

> are invisible to the user, and thus invisible to the documentation
> (mostly). I'm hoping that the eventual release of pre1 will mean the
> dialogs, keybindings, etc. will be frozen long enough that we can actually

Well, fortunately JMarc just confirmed that pre1 would be a good bet. :)

> Just follow (carefully) the instructions for downloading from CVS on the
> appropriate LyX webpage. Anonymous downloading isn't too bad. If that gets
> too weird, though, what sort of system to you have? If it is some sort of
> Linux Redhat/Mandrake-looking thing, I can provide you a compiled tarball.
> If it is something else, I can at least give you a source tarball.

Well, I got the cvs onto my system last night -- both the lyx-devel and
lyxdoc branches.  But now it appears that I'm having library issues when
trying to get it to compile. <sigh>  I posted a message over on the devel
list to get some assistance in tracking down the problem (probably just need
a different version of libxpm or xforms -- but I'm not certain...)  Once I
get the make working, I'll get it installed as a beta version and start
working with it.

// George