[Hartmut, please keep the lyx-docs list in the receivers]

Hartmut> Hi Jean-Marc,
>>  Hartmut, I am not sure that I understand the rationale of the
>> changes. Chapter 3 (Supplemental tools) concerns stuff that LyX can
>> handle through its GUI, whereas Chapter 7, if I understand
>> correctly, is more related to use of ERT.

Hartmut> Maybe Chapter 7 can then go as Chapter 4 after Chapter 3.

It would be more reasonable

>>  You also propose to move the description of the various
>> textclasses to the end of the document. Why?

Hartmut> Because the description of the various textclasses is useless
Hartmut> for "normal" LyX users because we don't have, and in most
Hartmut> cases, never will download these classes.

You have amsart at least ;)

Hartmut> For me Chapter 3 and Chapter 7 are much closer together as
Hartmut> Chapter 3 and Chapter 4. E. g. multicolumn I use very often.

I guess this is also related to your personal use pattern of LyX.

What do other people think about it?

Personally, I do not think the change will improve the situation, but
I do not oppose to it.

JMarc