Hi Uwe,

I would rework the Tutorial and the UserGuide.
The UserGuide will also have a short section about needed programs and install issues for the platforms Linux/Unix, Mac and Win.

Hmmm... Does this make sense? If the user is able to read the UserGuide, he already managed to install LyX. Installation issues should be described in the README files provided with the source code.

I started once with a new layout for the UserGuide in koma-script book format. As koma-script is no longer part of the default installation of VTeX and MikTeX, I returned back to the standard book class.

Very interesting. Was komascript replaced by some new classes?

Publishing a book could help to reach more people and could possibly help to pay the bills for one of the next developer meeting.
What do you think about it?

Great idea, in principle. However, I wonder whether the audience is broad enough. Has anybody ever counted to the number of LyX downloads? Do we have 100, 1.000, 10.000 or even more users?

I changed the menu names in the documentation to the one used in LyX QT 1.3.x. I hope that they are the same as in LyX XForms. If this isn't the case, we should make them as uniform as possible for all GUIs.

LyX 1.4 support the "branch inset " concept. You can put different texts in different branches, e.g. one branch for XForms and one branch for Qt. However, personally, I think it is best to stick to the Qt frontend only. IIRC even Angus admits that Qt is the GUI of the future.

What I did/do:
The rework of the Introduction is done.
I currently working on the sections describing all menus and icon buttons.

Please note that LyX 1.4 will look _substantially_ different from LyX 1.3. IMHO you should concentrate on LyX 1.4 and leave LyX 1.3 as it is.

Kind regards,

Michael