Am 06.04.2016 um 03:39 schrieb Georger Araujo:
Hi Julio,
I don't really know the use cases in LyX/LaTeX.

What I do know is that, in pt_BR, a graphical representation of a data set is usually called a
"gráfico"; e.g. a pie chart is a "gráfico de pizza".
On the other hand, a graphical representation that portrays the structure of an idea or concept or
entity, and/or the links between them, is usually called a "diagrama"; e.g. a UML diagram
is a "diagrama UML".

It's not wrong (but it IS a bit unusual) to call a barplot a "diagrama de barras" in pt_BR; that's
what we were doing before it was clarified that "Graph" refers to a set of vertices and edges. That
said, a barplot is usually called a "gráfico de barras" around here.

Actually I am not 100% sure about the use case. I had a look at other translations, and many of them (I guess almost all that have a smilar word in the language available) use a word similar to diagram. For spanish I guess it is probably best not to change from "Diagrama" which we have in 2.1 if we are not 100% sure that the new translation is more correct, in order to minimze surprises.

Georg