Bill Simpson writes:

  From LyX I try to view dvi or view ps or print. LyX puts
  up a box that says "I can't do it, because gs processes are rendering.
  Either wait until they are done or kill them by hand".  This message is
  false (confirmed by running ps or tops). But I am hamstrung.

I've seen the same thing happen from time-to-time with LyX 0.12.0, on
Solaris-2.6.  There are not gs processes, and only killing and
restarting LyX fixes it.  I hope the problem is addressed in 1.0.0.

--

Ronald Florence                 Maple Lawn Farm, Stonington, CT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.connix.com/~mlfarm