Bernhard Kohn wrote:

> You can refer to labels across documents, working with lyx-0.12.1pre8, the
> way is to open the document where the label you want to refer is located,
> then open the cross-reference dialog, then change to the document where
> you want to place the label, and press the button insert Reference.
That's a good idea!

> This did not work any more in lyx-1.0.0pre1. There you can insert the
> reference of label in the document where the label is located. After this
> you can cut the reference, change the to the document where you want to
> place the reference an paste it. Its not very comfortable, but it works.
In those pre1/pre2 the layout of the insert-menu changed, therefore the
german translation is not there, that's why I still stay with 0.12.1pre8
which works good for my purposes.

> > 3. Is there another way of inserting references/citations into multipart
> > documents (I think plain LaTeX should do the trick but this would be
> > very ugly?!)
>
> I thinks the only difference is that there is instead of the inset, which
> is gray, there is than a red latex-command , I don't now which is more
> beautiful (perhaps the gray one?).
Sure! Unfortunately I'm not that experienced with LaTeX and only use it
through LyX (which is the main purpose of LyX, I think :-)).

> > 4. Is this multipart document handling a planned feature for lyx-1.0 ???
> > I'd greatfully appreciate this, cause it would ease the writing of big
> > documents quite a lot!

Well, it seems, that this is not to be implemented in the near future?

I have an idea for the Insert/Citation popup. You could add a ComboBox
for the filenames of all open documents. The filename defaults to the
current document, but when you want to add a reference from another
(open) document, you could select it via the combo box.

Is that difficult to add?

This seems to be the easiest solution not looking to "rude" to be
perfect (perhaps there are better solutions, but this will work?!)...

Any comments welcome...

                               ...Frank