Under Linux I appear to have problems with installing "xforms"
in a way that it can be found during the compilation. Even after
installation calls to "ldconfig" and fiddling around with symbolic
links manually it didn't work until I found out that I was supposed
to (probably?) edit "mkconfig.h". There I changed to
  LIB_TOPDIR=/usr/X11,
and, voila, the make script no longer complained about missing xforms.

What remains are many complaints concerning undefined references
to, e. g., "fl_set_browser_hscrollbar". Looks as if forms.h was not
included. What magic links or paths should be set or what could I
check now?

Norbert
%Dr.  Norbert Stribeck   Universitaet Hamburg   fax +49-40-4123-6008
%- polymer physicist -     Institut   T M C     phone       ...-3615
%PHONE NUMBER CHANGES FROM MARCH, 1, 1999:  REPLACE 4123 WITH 42838