Hello
        Last night I tried upgrading to 1.0.0; failed on several fronts.
1) The system configured and compiled correctly.  Except it mentioned
that libXpm 4.6 was old.  Actually I have 4.9 but the version of xpm.h
says 4.6; I must resolve this.
2) The system was _very_ unstable, couldn't even open a file without seg
faulting.  I have a very "customized" ( a euphinism for random
updating).  I am going to buy SUSE next week in hopes of standardizing
my system with new libraries and (hopefully) kernel 2.2.0 .  I must
mention that my previous version (0.13.1 or some such) worked perfectly
though.
3) After doing "update configuration" from the menu bar it refused to
recognize an old file as a lyx file, even though it had done it just
before!
4) This is the most worrysome failure; after loading (before the
"update") I saved off a Latex version of a old file containing Paul
Taylor's communative diagram package.  After Running Latex, dvi, ps and
examing the result; diagrams were completely trashed!  Even though I had
made no changes and they had come out correctly before (13.1)!  If
somebody would like to evaluate the file I will be happy to email a
copy.

Enjoy
Ray