Hi,
simple but fatal bug in the math panel.
Open it. Open one of the popups with symbols (i tried the +/-, the >/< and
the greek letters ones). Then, while it's open, click on the window
manager's "close" button for the math panel window. You get an Xforms
error: fl_free_form: freeing visible form, with a fairly intuitive
explanation, I guess.

While our brave developers fix this, note that you can still _save_ your
work choosing the "continue" option on the Xform error dialogue. But if
you try to reopen that popup, lyx will crash. I think it's better to
restart the program after having saved your work.

All the best,
Stefano

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se