Hi Nabil,

> I am using a distant printer via rsh (I have not found the proper
> configuration of /etc/host.lpd on the AIX 4.2 distant machine).  Is it
> possible to make LyX use a shell command eg. "rsh distant-server lp"
> in stead of sending the file to lp/lpr ?

I think you can change \print_command in your ~/.lyx/lyrc configuration
file. Read the file, it's fairly clear (there are many other printer
configuration options, also)

Cheers,

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se