Klaus> Hi I hope this is not a too trivial question:

Of course not, and I guess this is why you did not get an answer yet :)

Klaus> I have a footnote that is more than one line long and I would
Klaus> like to have the lines stay exactly under eachother. How do I
Klaus> do this, I tried formatting the paragraph (Setting the No
Klaus> Indent checkbox). LyX responded correctly putting the lines
Klaus> under eachother in the footnote popupbox, but the DVI output is
Klaus> wrong.

Try to get the footmisc.sty package from Robin Fairbairns. I think its
options margin or flushmarg should do what you want.

You will find it on CTAN, for example at:
ftp://ftp.loria.fr/pub/unix/tex/ctan/macros/latex/contrib/supported/footmisc/

Hope this helps.

JMarc