>>  Things would be easier if people noticed that there is a Readme
>> file in xforms distribution which explains that a 'make install'
>> will do all for you.

Bill> I did the make install for xforms.  I read the Readme, it was
Bill> not helpful in solving my problem.

You are right, I was a bit harsh here. I re-read the Readme, and it
does not explain everything. In general, the only trick I know of
after running 'make install' is to do a 'ldconfig' on Linux so that
the library is taken in account.

I don't remember which OS you are using. Would it be linux, by chance?

By default, xforms installs itself in /usr/lib, /usr/include. You
might want to check whether you have other copies in /usr/local/...

Hope this helps (more than my previous answer).

JMarc