Bill> JMarc, as I said before I have it working now.  I just copied
Bill> over one file from an old installation (libforms.so). I don't
Bill> know what went wrong, but all is well now. Yes I have
Bill> linux. Thanks.

OK, it seems that I am showing that the end of the week will by much
welcome ;)

Concerning libforms.so, the right thing to do is to ensure that it is
a hardlink for the original libforms.so.0.88.1 (or
whatever). Something like

rm libforms.so
ln -s libforms.so.0.88.1 libforms.so

I think that the xforms installation does this step, but the real
problem was the ldconfig stuff. I think that what ldconfig does is
read libforms.so, find out that it is in fact libforms.so.0.88.1, and
write the name libforms.so.0.88.1 in its cache.

However, if you have it working, it is fine. But you *might* (read: it
will maybe not heppen) have problems the day you upgrade xforms.

JMarc